A FREE early literacy program for all
Pre-Kindergarteners entering Kindergarten in Jacksonville!
If you’re looking for some winter activities for toddlers, then this is the spot! I’ve gathered some awesome (& fun!) ideas for toddlers to do, all in a winter theme! Scroll down to check them all out.
As I’m writing this, we are in a snow storm here in Iowa and I can almost bet the kids won’t have school tomorrow. Tomorrow will most likely be a snow day.
And its about time that I get Louis really involved in some crafts and activities around here. He mostly has been tagging along on activities for the other two lately. We need to do some that he can really do himself! (Yes, shame on me!)
I’m inspiring myself with some of these fun winter activities for toddlers to do. They all look so fun to do (and cute to make!) that I’m not sure which one we’ll start with. But I’m always excited about winter crafts. They’re so adorable, usually all white and fluffy. Speaking of, I can’t wait to show you the adorable winter craft that my contributor Sarah of How Wee Learn is sharing with you tomorrow!
Winter Crafts & Art Projects for Toddlers
Of course, I’m starting with the adorable cuteness of winter crafts, as well as some amazing art projects that toddlers will love creating! Try some of these when its cold outside.
By the way, some of these links are affiliate links to products I recommend to do these winter activities with your toddler.
- Magic ‘Olaf’ Paint from A Little Pinch of Perfect (get the secret ingredient here)
- Handprint Mitten Craft from House of Baby Piranha
- Bubble Wrap Snowman from Crafts on Sea
- Icy (Salt) Paint from hands on : as we grow
- Marshmallow Snowman Stamping from Play Create Explore
- Tape Resist Snowflake Painting from Little Bins for Little Hands (get painter’s tape here)
- Indoor Snow Painting from Housing a Forest
- Paint with Snow Paint from Oopsey Daisy Blog (you’ll need school glue, get it here)
- Snowflake Puzzles from Teach Preschool
- Abstract Snowman from Still Playing School
- No Mess Paper Plate Snowflakes from Messy Little Monster
- Puffy Snowman from Simple Fun For Kids
Winter Sensory Activities for Toddlers
Sensory activities are a favorite of mine for toddlers. It’s really hard to go wrong with anything sensory (of course, be careful of small objects if you have toddler that mouths everything still). Sensory activities are left for open-ended play and to explore! What a fun way for toddlers to learn about the things winter brings!
- Snowflake Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands (you’ll need liquid starch, get it here)
- Snowman Sensory Bag from Mama Papa Bubba
- Cloud Dough from hands on : as we grow
- Play with Sparkly Ice from Toddler Approved
- Easy Winter Sensory Bin from No Time for Flash Cards
- Sensory Snow Window from No Time for Flash Cards (get contact paper here)
- Taste Safe Snow Play from The Train Driver’s Wife (get the secret ingredient here)
- Build a Snowman from The Train Driver’s Wife (get contact paper here)
- Sensory Snowball Fight from Play Create Explore
- Snow Paint Recipe from Mom Endeavors
- Sledding Sensory Bin (1 Ingredient) from How Wee Learn
- Snow Play Dough from The Imagination Tree
- Five Senses Snowman from Teach Preschool
Winter Learning Activities for Toddlers
And even learning moreso than sensory are these winter activities that are focused more on academic learning for toddlers. From letter formation to the five senses and shapes. As long as its fun like these, toddlers will love it!
- Salt (Snow) Writing from I Can Teach My Child
- Roll to Build a Snowman from Homegrown Friends
- DIY Snowman Drop Box from Fun at Home with Kids
- Marshmallow ‘Snow’ Names from Fun-A-Day
Fun Winter Themed Activities for Toddlers
And we can’t forget to just have some good ol’ fun this winter! Toddlers will love playing with these snowballs and snowmen and other fun wintery things to do!
- Snow Ball Toss from We Made That
- Color the Snow from Hands On As We Grow (get squirt bottles here)
- Fine Motor Build a Snowman from Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
- Snowy Road from How Wee Learn
- (Snow) Tunnel of Lights from The Golden Gleam
- Color the Snow Indoors from Happy Hooligans (get eye droppers here)
- Getting Ready for Winter from Cutting Tiny Bites
- Ice Train Play from Play Trains
How about that for some fun winter activities for toddlers? Are you all set?
Oh, well if you’re not… there’s always these winter activities and crafts to check out too:
- 30 snowflake crafts for kids
- 24 snowman crafts for kids
- 28 more winter crafts for kids
- 32 snow themed activities for kids
Just to get you on the right track, you know… Make this winter one to remember!
Don’t miss these posts other hands on parents love:An Elite CafeMom Family & Parenting Publisher